15 Facts About Local Advertising
March 13, 2018 / / Comments Off on 15 Facts About Local Advertising
MediaMax: 15 Facts About Local Advertising
- National brands will outpace regional and local SMBs in total ad spend to target local audiences.
- National brands will comprise 43% of total 2018 local media spending.
- National brands will increase their local ad spend by 19% in just 3 years, reaching $74 Billion in 2021.
- Local assets matter more than brand assets– increasingly important for multi-location brands to develop customized advertising and marketing assets for each location.
- Print will continue to evolve and maintain a large share of small businesses’ dollars by extending campaigns with digital media.
- 66% of consumers want ads customized to their location
- 78% of local mobile searches result in offline purchases.
- One-third of mobile searches are local and growing 50% faster than overall mobile searches.
- Local advertising revenue in the U.S. will reach $151.2 B in 2018, up from $143.8 B in 2017.
- Traditional media will comprise 7 %of the revenue, with online/digital securing 35.3 percent.
- Among those who live in smaller markets, 71% of people use local print media to help influence their buying decisions.
- Social media ad revenue from mobile (not including tablets) now represents just over 70% of social ad spending–and will grow to 80% by 2022.
- It’s crucial that local businesses are present in every potential platform that prospects are likely to be looking for them.
- Mobile will follow with $19.0 billion, representing 12.6% of all local ad spending in the coming year.
- Nearly 2/3 of leading local marketers say that decisions made with data are superior to those based on instinct.