Programmatic Can Be Right for SMBs
Programmatic has remained one of the hottest trends in digital advertising over the past five years, but the increased spending and popularity haven’t come without challenges or controversy. Larger companies have been investing big digital budgets and executing on a large scale. But, this is the kind of thing that intimidates smaller companies.
SMB advertisers are interested in efficient pricing, sure, but their main goal is simply to reach new customers. They want to brand themselves and drive traffic to their stores and websites. If programmatic is the tool that does that, great. But it’s highly unlikely that an SMB owner is going to care about the details of the ad tech that executes the buy, or the type of data used, or which vendor is used to filter out fraud. They want their ads to reach new and current consumers, and for those consumers to spend money with their business. Bottom line. That’s why it’s critical to find the right partner.
Consider these facts.
• Programmatic grew from $14.2B in 2015 into $19.5B in 2016 and is expected to strike $36.8B by 2019. (ZenithOptimedia Global Ad Spend Forecast)
• 70% of SMBs will increase their digital spend. Of those biz, 30% said the budget will increase considerably.
So, what’s your next move?
Wondering if programmatic ad buying is a strategy you should employ to promote your business? The answer depends on a few things:
1. Where do you want your ads to show up? If you have some idea of who your target audience is, and if you have an idea of the sites they visit, then programmatic ad buying might be for you.
But—if you don’t know your exact target audience, a smart media partner can use a Lotame pixel and execute a test program (at minimum spends) that will give you insights about your best target audience. That ensures better targeting, smart investing, and a high ROI for a larger program.
2. How much money do you want to spend? The programmatic game is one of volume, and many partners who place ads have a minimum spend threshold. Make sure you can meet those.
3. How local do you need the placements to be? Platforms like ours deliver localized ads as a specialty.
Asking yourself these questions and of your potential ad purchasing partner will help you understand what kind of campaign you want to run. Once you’ve found that perfect partner, you’ll be able to get the best possible results for your campaign, no matter what size your business is.
You really don’t need to look much further. MediaMax has local advertising expertise and continues to grow its team of digital media experts. We work with thousands of companies, large and small, to plan and execute custom programs. From programmatic and display to high-impact video and streaming media, we have a digital local solution to best fit your business and goals. Contact us now.